Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 75: Water Down the Trachea... FUN!

Had a good day at the gym today, which was followed by a rather funny incident. After a good four cycles of HIIT at 4mph, 8mph, 9mph, and 10mph (1min, 1min, 1min, 2min x4), I worked out my chest today, and finished up with the core workout I began last week. The circuit training really kicked my butt last week, and I was finally able to shake off the last of the soreness my abs were feeling.

I did some steady state cardio right after, and then headed over to rent a couple of video games for the nephews who are coming over today. While there, I was drinking some water and it went down my trachea! I immediately coughed it out, but the cough my abdominal area hurt so bad, I could not catch my breath. My body kept coughing and I kept trying to gasp for air, but because of the bad soreness in the abs, I could not catch my breath. It felt like this went on for ever, but it was probably just for about 10 seconds. Kept laughing about it after a while.

3 comments:

Mike Groom said...

can be a bit scary at the time though hey?

juli gets happy said...

You do such a good job!

Keep on,

Juli

Anonymous said...

Great Cardio - you're burn'n calories.
Larry