Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 82: Who is YOUR "Guru"?

So I was reading Tom Venuto's blog, http://www.burnthefatblog.com/ and one of his posts mentioned "your 'guru'" and that got me to thinking, "Who is MY "guru"?" It was an easy answer of course, Adam Waters!

The things I do day in and day out, I do because Adam did them as well. I made my own RTP Transformation System by reading through every single post in Adam's blog! I don't nitpick and do only some of the things he says, I do it all. My training is based on his training. My nutrition is based on his nutrition. I figured if it worked for him, it should work for me, and well, pictures speak for themselves no?

I don't want to sound like I am kissing ass, but we are all shredders and we are all united because Adam is a person that won that respect from us, because of his incredible shred. He calls Tom Venuto the "super shredder", but in my mind, that title is Adam's.

I see different people use different books and follow different programs, some even make their own programs, and I got to wondering, "Shredders, who is YOUR "guru"?"

-----------------------------------------
I had a tough day at the gym today. Wasn't feeling all that motivated and was about to leave right after stretching. Even walked to the locker room to leave... but I kept asking myself "What are you doing?!" I went back in there and ripped through my HIIT, leg workout, and even did a few laps in the pool.

Sometimes I feel I don't do enough, even though I apply the "progressive overload" principle. Most of the time, my "not enough" mentality is great, because it assures a push outside of my comfort zone. However, it can also be detrimental, because I will leave the gym feeling I didn't do enough, when I did MORE than enough. Anybody ever experience that?

2 comments:

juli gets happy said...

You are so very successful and I appreciate your honesty very much to write here about your day at the gym.

My guru...I think I am my own guru. I don't want to sound arrogant but I found many inspirational people in the last weeks, Adam is highly inspirational and I admire him a lot but I am setting my very own limits and goals.I have my own dreams. He showed me that everything is possible and how. He is great but I am my very own guru. And: There is God like a father.
He send Adam to me, ;-)...or the link to him.

You are looking absolutely great, I liked yesterdays pic so much and it made me smile that you took it after working out! No, it is not cheating because it is you.

GRRRREAT!!!!

Michael said...

I used to experience that until I learned how to up the intensity. You need a mind to muscle connection in order to know if you are really pushing yourself. I mean, how can you know if you've reached your limits if you can't FEEL your muscles and their reaction to what they are being put through? Once you get that you will have a gauge that can be used to determine how hard you trained.