Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 51


So here we go.

It is day 50 of my transformation. I long surpassed the 20lbs goal I set for myself. In fact, I reached that goal around day 22.

I started at 202lbs and I am currently down to 159. Following Adam and Tom Venuto's blogs/training, I have achieved my success by feeding the muscle and doing some very intense cardio.

I tried taking pictures every single day, since I began, not for a blog, but to motivate myself and track the changes in my body. I often times stopped taking pictures either because I saw no difference and was upset with what was happening (or not happening) with my body, or because I could see the difference on a day-to-day basis without having to take pictures of it.

I started by doing only cardio, and not just any cardio, but the boring 45+ minute kind of cardio that someone that doesn't know much about his own body might use. It worked, there is no question about that. But I eventually hit a plateau, and had to move on to different things to keep shredding the fat.

That included a much more intense weight training program and something I have found to be invaluable, and that is HIIT. What would I do without HIIT?

So, I met up with a buddy that has been working out for a while, so he could give me some pointers and teach me a few things about working out the chest. Benchpress, incline, decline, dumbbell flys, and a few other chest workouts, all wrapped up with a nice hybrid-cardio, 10 minute HIIT on the stationary bike (I did pure HIIT yesterday and don't feel like I should do it every day), followed by a few good laps in the pool, and ended with a few minutes in the sauna.

1 comment:

Mike Groom said...

Daniel, you have done so well! 40 pounds in 50 days, that is inspiring. Keep hitting those weights dude. You look like you may have a frame that is well suited to adding a little muscle :)

I know what you mean about not noticing the changes on a day to day basis. That's why we are in here for the long haul. Hope you stay with us Daniel, I look forward to watching your progress.