Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 63


Well, didn't get much sleep last night so I had to postpone my early AM training until the afternoon to put in those solid 8 hours of sleep.

Woke up like a champ, worked hard at work, and worked harder at the gym.

I worked the legs today and you know, while I was feeling the pain (good!), it wasn't until I was about to leave, when I used the leg extension machine that the pain really kicked in. After I used the leg extension machine I felt the full force of the grueling workout I had put in hit me in full force. My butt was trembling (not kidding) and my legs felt like they were about to give out under me.

It was a good feeling and an awesome end to my workout. It started strong with a great HIIT in which I was finally able to incorporate 5 cycles. 4mph, 8mph, 9mph, 10mph, (4, 8, 9 at 1 min each, and 10 at 2 mins each cycle) for a total of 25 minutes. I had never pushed myself that far out of my comfort zone, but boy was it rewarding. I had an amazing drive today and it showed in my workout and in my level of concentration.

Since I began taking live notes of my workouts last week, I was finally able to implement those into this week's workout and I blasted through last week's numbers, increasing my performance in every single workout, by 5-10lbs on each set.

All-in-all, a good day and an awesome look into what will probably be waiting for me come Mission 1!

3 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great job on the workout Daniel!

Debbie said...

That sounds like an incredible workout, Daniel. Nothing like that feeling that you gave it your all when walking out of the gym.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for starting to take notes on your workout...now you can document your progress, and have some hard numbers to see your growth each workout.