Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 52


So, I haven't gone to the gym today, YET. But I felt I needed to discuss something with everyone. I have yet to explain why my blog's URL is "projectjcvd".

JCVD = Jean Claude Van Damme

There came a point in my transformation where, for inspirational purposes I scrounged up all of the Jean Claude Van Damme movies I could find. As a young boy, he was always my hero, despite his drug addiction and whatnot. I always admired not the man, but his characters in his movies. I even joined Karate as a kid, because of Jean Claude Van Damme.

So, I watched his movies, all the while my body kept changing, and at one point I realized JCVD had become my "128kb picture".

What do I mean by "my 128kb picture"? Adam Waters throughout the length of his blog has had 128kb picture that he has used to visualize his dream body.

The same thing I now do with Jean Claude Van Damme. Will it be hard? YES! But it gives me a goal to strive for. It helps me visualize and it/he have so far served a great purpose in my training and in my development.

Take a good look at that picture. That is what I am aiming for and it is essentially the ultimate mission for me. Ill be back to update this later and wrap it up, along with a new picture of me after the gym today.

UPDATE

So, the gym was a no go today. I knew today was going to be a busy day at work, which is part of the reason why I had to go in early and skip my early morning workout that I love, but I had no idea I would be completely swamped for the rest of the day.

I decided I would go for some shock to my body, seeing as a workout was going to be out of the question. I only ate fruit today and deprived my body of protein, to prepare it for the good protein intake and intense workout that awaits me tomorrow.

I'm calling it a day and getting some good sleep to make sure the DOMS from my bicycle HIIT from yesterday is gone by tomorrow. Ill be going for a "pure" HIIT and an intense leg workout tomorrow. Excited.

No comments: