Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 70: Fight to Survive - By Bush Stan

There is a song that I find very inspirational and its also the song that helps me get through that last grueling cycle of HIIT or the last set when doing weight training. It is from the soundtrack to the movie BloodSport, and it was written by Bush Stan. I took out the chorus from this quote, simply because it is not relevant (yelling of the work "Kumite" over and over again), and what I find motivating are the words in between.
My body's ready
My heart's on fire
I'm gonna push it over the wire
Perfect timing
Tight as a drum
The final battle's already won

I'm taking hold of every moment
Given strength by the breath of life
I'm gonna stake my claim
I fight to survive!


I've worked hard every night and day
So I'm prepared to make my way
Mind and body are the perfect team
Now's my chance to live my dream

I'm taking hold of every moment
Given strength by the breath of life
I'm gonna stake my claim
I fight to survive!

I cant think of any other song that captures what I feel, or what we shredders feel, as perfectly as this one. This song captures the concept of "earthquake intensity", that Adam Waters speaks of in his blog. When it talks about "... taking hold of every moment".

I could go on and on about the lyrics and how they apply to us shredders, but I thought I would share this with everyone, because I know that my shredding journey has given me the "chance to live my dream", as well as the drive to "...stake my claim"

Be back later to update with workout information and picture.

-----------------------

UPDATE!

Wow, my workout at the gym today reminded me of the first time I set foot in there. I was beat! My arms workout went well, as did my hybrid-cardio, but today was the first day I implemented one of the cycles from David Grisaffi's book, and boy did that take its toll on me. I am almost positive that a few tears came out of my eyes because of the intensity of the workout. I am following the book, "6 Pack Abs in 6 Weeks", and the workout decimated me. I got through 2 cycles of the circuit and I felt really good that I had accomplished as much, but I knew I could squeeze the third cycle in there.

It was a brief second in which I debated whether I should go even further out of the comfort zone I was in. I did and while I regretted it all day, because my body was completely torn to shreds, at the end of the day I felt good and loved what I saw in the mirror. Its day one of a six week program (will be more like 8 weeks for me), and I can already tell it will be grueling and taxing. I can't see any reason why it would not work.

No comments: