Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Project JCVD


No, this is not a blog about Jean Claude Van Damme's new flick... it is a blog about my physique transformation challenge.

In late April of 2008, I was feeling down about myself. I had just found out I was relocating to Austin, TX, after having been admitted to a graduate program at UT Austin, and my birthday had just passed by. I had everything going for myself, good job, great girl, family, friends, etc... but something was missing in my life.

A sense of confidence perhaps?

The week of my birthday I decided to make a change for myself and asked a friend to strike a bet with me, in order for both of us to have a motivation behind our transformation.

20lbs in two months was the goal. We weren't sure we would be able to achieve this goal, and at one point even thought of changing it to 3 months.

Ill post more on my background and "Personal Reason Why", in the following posts. For now, let me just say that I am on day 50 and have lost 40lbs and see no end in sight for my ultimate goal that I will be discussing later.

Today, I hit the gym at 11am and did 15 minutes of HIIT (1 minute of 4mph, 8mph, 9mph, and 2 minutes of 10mph). Bummed because just two days earlier I managed to do the same but for 20 minutes. Followed that with some Muscle Rounds of chest and shoulders, and lower back and oblique workouts, and 10 minute HIIT on the "StairMaster". Finally, sat in the sauna for a good 15 minutes and that ended a long but good day at the gym.

I will show you where I am at physically, tomorrow, but for now... take a look at where I was at the day I started my transformation.

No comments: