Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 53: HIIT Gut Wrenching


When I was but a boy and I was scheduled to rehearse for a play or I had a small crush on some girl, my stomach would kill me. A strange feeling induced by my being nervous. I outgrew that, but recently it has resurfaced.

It happens when I am scheduled for a session of HIIT. Sometimes it starts the day before, other times right when I step into the gym. Even though Ive been able to rip through my HIITs before (20 minutes of 4mph, 8mph, 9mph, and 10 mph[2mins]), it is those extra few seconds that are essential at the end that scare me.

Those extra few seconds in which a multitude of thoughts, pictures, people, faces, songs, and feelings, rush through your mind are incredible. But I often times fear I wont be able to go through or push myself. Ive yet to fail to push through, but HIIT is the only part of my training that induces that feeling in me.

I put in a very good session today: HIIT (15min), intense leg workout, and finally some lower back and abs. Every single day I focus on my legs, I see a major difference from the previous workout, with an exponential increase in strength. Today was no different and I pushed myself to the limit while on the leg press machine, and when working out my squats.

Time to sleep, gonna go for another awesome workout tomorrow.

2 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Wow! Great job! 40+ pounds in 50 days? That's awesome. - Lilla

Daniel GP said...

Thanks Lilla...

BTW that protein popsicle was a great idea, especially down here where I live, where temperatures have been around 120f recently.